Category Archives: license


Insurance license series 7

If you’re interested in a career as an “investment professional”, then chances are you’ll need an insurance license series 7. This is a nationally recognized license that enables you to work as a professional broker and will allow you to specialize in various types of securities from bonds to mutual funds, and of course stocks. Also, those looking to work as a specialist or agent for selling equity option services, unit investment trusted, and limited partnerships the insurance license series 7 is also required.

Unfortunately, however, real estate and commodities, as well as life insurance are not license-eligible benefits, so qualifications for a career in these areas will have to be pursued elsewhere. If you’re serious about becoming a broker, then you’ll be required to take an in-depth called the General Securities Representative Examination (GSRe). This is a very intensive, demanding course and license exam that deeply examines law and ethics pertaining to these various mentioned areas of finance and security careers. For customers, dealing with an agent that has his or her insurance license series 7 is critical to an ‘on the books’ legitimate deal or brokerage service. All others, most likely, will fall into the realm of being illegal operations, businesses, or at minimum unethical standards and business.


Insurance 440 license

A 440 insurance license is the ultimate solution for any person seeking to specialize in the professional field as an insurance customer service representative, or licensed specialist.

Typically designed and enforced by Florida law, other states have similar title and purpose laws, as well as state recognized licensure. The 440 Insurance License is good for those looking to practice insurance enforcement, administration, or sales and work in both property and casualty areas of specialization. Any recognized holder of the 440 insurance license is legally certified to transact various types of vehicle insurance. Some of these include vehicles such as watercraft, road automobiles, and also motorcycles. However, one with a 440 insurance license is also eligible to provide or sell, as well as conduct administrative duties for pet insurance policies.

It is important to keep in mind that with the 440 insurance license a salaried worker can still only conduct business with the approval and monitoring or regular supervision of an appointed, legally recognized and licensed “general lines agent”. For anyone interested in acquiring the 440 insurance license, a department approved recognition such as a CPSR, CPCU, PCSR, or AAI is required. Other organizations include the RCSR and the CIR. However, alternatively, interested individuals can also apply for the license directly as a Florida resident, or achieve college level education requirements – relevant to the insurance area of specialty.